Great Expectations

Have you ever asked yourself (or God), why do people act that way?  Do you feel like you're floating alone in a lifeboat on the stormy sea of insanity? Why is it that folks just can't behave themselves? Well...get over it!

 2 Timothy 4:16 (KJV) At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

Here are some facts: We can't control the behavior of others. People are going to do what they want to do and we can't stop them. God gave each one of us free will. We get to make the decisions in our own lives. Right or wrong, good or bad, our actions and the consequences are up to us.

Malachi 2:10 (KJV) Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

We have flaws of our own. At least, I do. Let's stop looking at others' missteps and focus on ours. We have enough problems to keep ourselves and God busy for a lifetime. People will let you down every time, but God never will. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Here are some questions: Are we constantly wanting (and expecting) more from others?

Are we looking for others to fill us up, when we should be going to our Heavenly Father for those needs?

Are my expectations (for others) too high?

Can't we all use a little more grace? And a little less judgment?

***

Female in Motion Health Update:   I am getting used to the new routine of radiation. There is a tiny bit of redness on the affected area, but no discomfort whatsoever. And I shaved my legs last weekend for the first time in four months. My feet are still giving me fits, but the rest of my body seems to be recovering. I will return to CTCA on April 15.

***

Notable Quote:

John 16:33 (KJV)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
What you wrote reminds me of what I tell tattle tales in preschool...worry about yourself! ;)
Yes, Ginny Marie! Even though we've grown up, we may still keep those old thoughts in our heads.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm too busy taking care of my own faults to worry about anyone else's! So glad you are tolerating the radiation well.
Thanks for the comment, Nancy! I'm looking forward to getting to know more about your blog, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward