Fear Dwells in the Dark

I had planned to write an eloquent monologue on the subject of fear tonight...how fear is just an emotion and should not control what we do or how we feel. But I am weary from a day full of meetings with doctors at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL. And I am a little bit afraid of what lies ahead. You see, I'm human, and I get scared, just like everyone else. It's what I do about that fear that makes all the difference.

Fear lurks in the recesses of your heart just like Boo Radley hid behind that door at Atticus Finch's house in the movie, To Kill a Mockingbird. Jeb lay in the bed with a badly broken arm, and Scout waited at the door. When she turned around, she saw Boo Radley, the most feared man in town, cowering behind the door. She knew the truth. Boo wasn't a monster, he was simply a misunderstood soul, who saved her life. Scout took his hand and invited him into her life.

If you drag fear out of the dark corner, it doesn't seem as large and scary. Fear and doubt live in the dark. The light of day brings them down in size. Satan wants us to give in to fear; he feeds our doubts. Those doubts will seem small when you let the Son shine on them. What are your fears today? How about you and God whittling them down to size?

***

My oncologist is recommending a double mastectomy with six rounds of chemo, followed by the rest of the radiation I started with my last surgery. I will meet with my breast surgeon and plastic surgeon in the next two days. Then I will come home and make some decisions. So, please pray for me. Pray for guidance, good decisions, a calm heart and a peaceful spirit. And I will pray for all of you, my beloved Female in Motion readers. Because without you, I wouldn't have this ministry.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I walked a mile on the treadmill on Monday, Wednesday and Friday last week, and a half mile on Tuesday and Thursday. I also did my physical therapy every day. My physical therapist said this morning that I am right on target for a complete recovery of motion and movement. Of course, if I have a mastectomy, I'll have to start the process all over again.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 118:6 (KJV)
The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?



Comments

Bonnie Tharp said…
You are in my prayers, my dear friend. I'm sorry you have all of this to deal with, but you are one of the strongest people I know, with a heart filled with love and faith. I know in my heart that you'll be okay.-B
I know I will be, too, Bonnie! Thanks for your faithfulness. I continue in prayer for the changes going on in your life, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward