I am Safe

Psalm 73:23-26 (NKJV)
Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

The Hubster takes good care of me. During this time of illness and healing, he has been a strong source of comfort and support. I look to him for help with carrying heavy grocery sacks, changing cat boxes and vacuuming the living room. The Hubster also talks to me when I'm feeling low, gives great hugs and prays with me. Is he the source of my security? No.

I know that my mounting medical bills will be paid. Whatever work piles up while I am getting treatment will be done.  Errands will be run. The house will be cleaned (eventually!). All of this will be accomplished whether I worry over it or not.

Even though I have a loving, Godly husband, who cares for me, he cannot protect me from life. Things happen. A long time ago, The Hubster told me, "I can't take care of you half as well as God." Security doesn't come standard with a million-dollar bank account, or a state-of-the-art burglar alarm. It doesn't come from the outside at all. Security belongs to God. He is secure.

The source of my strength and security is no secret at all. My help comes from the Lord. He provides all my needs, physical and emotional. No one, in Heaven or earth, can stand against me. When I feel insecure, I repeat this promise to myself, "I am safe in the arms of my Savior." Hold this fact in your heart: God has you in the palm of His hand.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two half-mile walks on the treadmill last week and one one-mile walk. The physical therapy is improving my mobility. I do it every evening. This week, I started using one pound hand weights with my PT. Getting stronger every day!

***

Notable Quote:

"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."--Mary Anne Radmacher

Comments

Pam Manners said…
Smiling as I read this. Beautiful.
Leah said…
I'm working on this daily :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward