Casting Crowns





Revelation 4:10-11 (KJV)   The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.


Recently, our daughter and her husband invited us to have dinner in their new home. The Hubster and I were excited to see their new place and wanted to show our appreciation for their kind invitation. A pretty bouquet of flowers seemed like the perfect hostess gift.


Mom taught me right. She said when you visit someone's home for the first time, you bring a small gift, and don't forget to send a thank you note afterward. Dad was in charge of math homework and bike riding, Mom gave us the social graces.


Someday, a LONG, LONG TIME from now, I will go home to be with my Lord. Upon arrival in Heaven for the first time, I don't want to be empty-handed. I want to have gifts to bestow on my Savior. These heavenly gifts are called crowns.

The Bible tells us that we will cast our crowns before the Throne of Grace. These crowns are rewards for good works we have done on Earth. We are warned, however, not to perform charities to be rewarded by men, but Jesus Christ. Applause is nice for the ego, but it doesn't further the Kingdom.

Instead, strive to please the Lord. Listen to the Spirit's urging, and minister where He leads. I want to please Him. I want to live a life of purpose, and, in the end, I want to have something to give.

***

My surgery and treatment will be this Friday, July 7, at Cancer Treatment Centers of America--Chicago. I covet your prayers!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did three 20-minute Wii yoga workouts last week. I have added a new position, the Cobra. If you know me, you'll catch the irony. And, I'm down another pound. Hooray!

***

Notable Quote:

"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works."--Martin Luther



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward