As Is


Driving home from church last week, I saw a car parked in a vacant parking lot. It was a nondescript white sedan with a red For Sale sign in the side window. No, I'm not in the market for a fine, low-mileage pre-owned sedan. Something made me pause, though. The sign said, "As Is."

You've seen that phrase before, I'm sure. "As Is" means that what you see is what you get. In this case, the early-90s sedan had a dented rear fender and four bald tires, not to mention whatever mysteries lay beneath the hood. This vehicle had seen better days, my friend.

When I talk to people about turning their lives over to God, some say they need to get themselves straightened out first. They have some dirt or imperfections in their lives; they want to tidy up a few loose ends. Perhaps they feel like their Heavenly Father won't accept them "as is." That condition is God's specialty, however.

He took a simple lump of clay and made it into a man, the father of nations. He took a shepherd boy and made him a king. He took a small-town know-it-all Kansas girl and made her into a Female in Motion. He can change your life, too, into something better than you ever imagined.

***

If you're into social networking, make sure to "like" my new Facebook page, "Female in Motion." I set it up so that you can read my blog entries and posts regarding my writing adventures. Thanks!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two aerobic workouts and jogged three miles last week. The boost in movement has netted me a two-pound weight loss. Go, you chicken fat, go!

***

Notable Quote:

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for helping me focus on what is important today. Not about what I can't do, but about what He can do through me.
Thanks for the comment, Danice! It's so true. We can do all things through Christ.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward