Psalms for Surgery

It happens to the best of us. No matter how healthy you are and how well you take care of your body, sometimes things break down. I am having a laparoscopic hysterectomy tomorrow. Following some rather unpleasant symptoms and a whole lot of research, I've decided that this is the best option for me at this point in my life.

This is not something I am rushing into, I've been experiencing symptoms for about a year. Also, I am not taking this operation lightly. After six months of research and second, third and fourth opinions, this surgery is right for me. I went to the best in the state and am happy with my decision.

My friend and writing mentor, Curtis Dean Hall, has provided me with a great resource, "Psalms for Surgery." His CD of soothing music, scripture, prayers and meditation is helping me prepare for my hospital stay. I listen to the 25-minute segment once a day leading up to the surgery, then twice a day after. I will also have it playing during my procedure, as my surgeon is a Christian and eager to incorporate this into his practice.

I will keep you posted as to my condition and healing process, knowing that God will be beside me and give me the grace to rest and recover. Thanks for your prayers!

***

Congratulations to the graduates! My friends, Conner Coldwell and Charity Kester will be graduating from Arkansas City High School and Arkansas City Christian Academy, respectively, next week. Jessica Coldwell, another friend, graduated from Cowley College last week. I pray God's blessings and protection over your lives. Job well done!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 30-minute aerobic workouts last week, plus a lot of housework and yard work. Sure felt good to get back into the routine of exercise. My body craves it now.

***

Notable Quote:

"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes."--Corrie ten Boom, author and World War II hero (Thanks for the quote, Deanne!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward