Ministering Angels

I admit it. Even though I just had surgery, and it will take a while to recover, I just can't get over the feeling that I am currently...useless.

I Peter 4:9-10 KJV
"Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."


So many people have been so gracious to me this week. My mom and The Hubster stayed with me before, during and after the surgery. My daughter, Sarah, and her husband, Derek, skipped their dinner plans to stay with me in the hospital while The Hubster ran home to tend "the livestock." The night nurse at Cypress Surgical Center in Wichita, Rita, talked books with me when I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night.

When we arrived home on Wednesday morning, there was a pile of get well cards in the mail, get well wishes on the answering machine and thoughtful emails and Facebook messages. Then the food started to arrive. Wow. Just wow. Our church folks are the best. They brought us enough food to last a week.

All this ministering to me felt so wonderful, but at the same time I felt a little lazy. I'm usually the one sending cards, making calls, paying visits and cooking food. Something my mom said stuck in my noggin. "Don't take a blessing away from someone by not letting them minister to you." Yup. I had never thought of it that way.

And so, I will be gracious to receive the blessings that others give. And I will thank God for them. And pray for them. Because soon, it will be my turn again to bless another soul.

***

Momala's Book Club:
My magnificient Hubster got me a $50 Kindle gift card for Mother's Day, so I immediately bought a bunch of great books to load up on. I am reading two during my recovery: "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaff, and "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith. They're both delicious so far. I'll give you a full report when I'm done.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did one aerobic workout last week on Monday, the day before my surgery. Dr. Dehart has ordered me on no exercise for two weeks. Ugh! I can't believe I actually miss it. My doctor and nurses feel sure that the regular exercise and loads of prayers have helped me recover so quickly.

***

Notable Quote:

Galatians 6:10 KJV

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward