"I Am Not Superwoman!"



That is the exclamation that I heard from my harried friend, Deanne, at her birthday party on Saturday. She was explaining to Jacque and I how she had been working overtime every day so far back she couldn't remember, caring for a sick husband, chasing grandkids, keeping house, doing chores (they have a horse!) and planning a family get-together. Yup, she had it bad!

You know what I'm talking about...those days when you're so bogged down with the cares of this world. I know precisely what you're going through. It's a woman thing. We feel the need to be everything to everyone in our life. No, we can't possibly disappoint anyone. And who gets the short end of the stick? We do.

We give it all to our families, our marriages, our jobs, our homes, our churches...but there is precious little left for ourselves and our faith.

Exodus 20:8-9,11 (KJV)
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.


When God created this world, He made sure that 1/7th of the week was set aside for rest, worship and refreshment. When was the last time you did that? When you put the baby down for a nap, do you give yourself a facial and spend some time with a devotional book? I bet you throw in a couple of loads of laundry, scrub the kitchen floor and return a slew of emails. Am I a little bit right? I thought so.

If the Creator of the Universe took time out to rest, who do we think we are? It's time to get quiet, time to rejuvenate, time to say no to that big club project. Who knows? God may be trying to get our attention. Recharge your batteries and hit 'em twice as hard tomorrow!

***

Photo above is of my dear, sweet friend, Deanne, at her surprise birthday party last weekend. I had so much fun visiting with her, her family and our mutual friend, Jacque. Happy Birthday and God bless you, Deanne!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 30-minute aerobic workouts last week. Trying to build up my endurance, because I have a hectic April ahead of me, with lots of globe-trotting.

***

Notable Quote:

"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools."--Albert Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward