Are You a Female in Motion?

I had the privilege to speak to the United Methodist Women of Madison Avenue United Methodist Church in Derby, KS this evening. My mom is a member, and I grew up in that church, so a few there still remember me. (This did not work to my advantage. They know all the dirt!)

The subject of my speech was "Female in Motion: Finding Your Own Personal Mission Field." I really connected with these ladies and we had fun discussing life after kids and balancing all the things that women do every day, while still finding time for themselves and their spiritual lives. Sharing my passion for writing and speaking was really cool and I hope to be able to make speeches a regular thing in my life.

Ask yourself some questions:

1. Am I satisfied with my life?
2. What's next, Lord?
3. Where is my mission field?
4. Can I become a Female in Motion?

***

I got the proofs of my photo shoot yesterday. If you want to see them, check out my Facebook page. Please let me know which ones look like someone you would buy a book from, or go to hear her speak. Thanks to Kalaina Seidel of Candid Moments Photography!

***

"Lucky Stiff" was the name of the spring musical that Cowley College put on last week. The Hubster and I caught one of the hilarious and fast-paced performances. Our young (and uber-talented) friend Jessica Coldwell was in it. She stole the show with her flirty French secretary role, complete with "bend-and-snap" routine. Jessica had the audience in stitches! Next year, she'll be wowing crowds at either Wichita State University or University of Central Oklahoma. Knock 'em dead, kiddo!

***

Cowley County Writers Guild meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 17, 2011, at the Ark City Public Library. Grant Williams will be helping us to submit our writing to publications. Also, there will be a readaround, so don't forget to bring something to read! See you there!

***

Momala's Netflix Movie Pick: We watched "To Save A Life" last weekend. This is an inspirational film that takes on the difficult subject of teen suicide. It's not all pretty-perfect and tied up with a bow, either, which I found compelling. Rated PG-13, this film is not for younger kids. There are scenes of teen drinking, drug use and sex. There's also a really hopeful ending.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did three aerobic workouts last week. That Richard Simmons just won't quit! He's just annoying enough to keep me huffing and puffing.

***

Notable Quote:

"Take courage for the great sorrows of life. And patience for the small ones. And when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."--Victor Hugo, French author, 1802-1885

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward