Snow Day

I am sitting at the computer today, staring out the bedroom window while fat, white snowflakes fall out of the sky and make their lazy way into our backyard. I have to admit, the older I get, the more I hate the endless cold, gray Kansas winters. Daydreams of palm tree groves and white sand beaches interrupt my work. It is kind of pretty to watch the snowy landscape from a warm, snug home, though. As long as I don't have to step foot outside!

***

Our daughter, Sarah, got married last weekend. Actually, she and Derek eloped to Las Vegas. The Hubster and I were completely supportive of this move, because we knew they were ready to be married and it wasn't all about the wedding. They wanted to have fun, though, and if the Facebook postings and pictures are any indication, they had a blast!

One thing that was completely unique about Sarah and Derek's nuptials was the ceremony was broadcast on live, streaming video to the internet. Thus, all of their relatives and friends across the country got to watch the ceremony live. You've gotta love new technology!

The Hubster and I also eloped, many, many moons ago. That's where the similarity ends, however. Let's do a comparison:

*They eloped to Las Vegas, NV. We eloped to Newkirk, OK.

*They wore elegant dress clothes. We wore jeans and t-shirts.

*Their ceremony was in a beautifully decorated chapel. Ours was in a 115-degree empty church building.

*People around the country watched their wedding. Ours was witnessed by The Hubster's brother and sister-in-law.

*They have lots of pictures of their happy day. We have lots of good (and funny!) memories of our happy day.

*They ate their wedding supper at Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak in Vegas. The Hubster and I enjoyed a steak dinner at The Rusty Nail in Ark City.

*Sarah and Derek had a great time enjoying their Vegas honeymoon. We spent a night at the Holiday Inn in Wichita the following weekend.

*They are just starting out on the great adventure of their life together. The Hubster and I are still going strong, almost 30 years later.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four aerobic exercise workouts last week. I found a bag of my daughter's hand-me-down size 14 pants in the back of my closet. Surprise! They all fit now. Good stuff!

***

Notable Quote:

"Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again."
--Bill Morgan, Jr.

"What a crock!"--me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward