His Word is Written For Me

Have you tried plugging yourself into the Scriptures? It's amazing! Personalizing the way you read the Bible really does make it come to life. Face it, if a book was written all about you and your life, you'd want to read it.

John 3:16 (KJV)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."


Now, plug in your name:

"For God so loved "Carol", that he gave his only begotten son, that if "Carol" believeth in him "Carol" should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Read it through a couple of times, plugging in your name. Then let it soak into your brain. Try it again:

Psalm 23:1 (KJV)
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."


"The LORD is "Carol's" shepherd; "Carol" shall not want."

See what I mean? It's powerful stuff! I find myself plugging my name into Scriptures all the time now. When I'm reading a morning devotion, even when I'm listening to a sermon at church, I find myself putting my name into the verse and feeling all the love and power it possesses. Just for me!

I can't take credit for this idea. (As much as I would like to!) My friend and writing coach, therapist Dean Hall, gave me this tip. He's simply full of wild ideas!

***

Last Thursday was the January meeting of the Cowley County Writers Guild, of which I am president and founder. We had eight people in attendance and lots of great creativity and energy. Everyone took a turn around the table and read something they had written. Then, just for kicks, we wrote down personal writing goals for 2011 and put them all in a "time capsule" to be opened in January 2012.

These meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month at the Ark City Public Library. You don't have to be a professional writer to attend, just have an interest in writing.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four aerobic workouts last week.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 23:6 (KJV)
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."

Comments

Me said…
Terrific post!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward