When God Doesn't Make Sense

Two things have happened recently that really claw at the fabric of my faith. Not that I am questioning God. My human brain just can't comprehend that there is such suffering and grief in this world. When it reaches out and slaps you in the face, it makes you stop and take a look at why you believe, what you believe.

A five-year-old boy I know fell ill several days ago and had to be hospitalized. He soon fell into a deep coma. Last weekend, he was declared brain-dead and his family had to make the impossible decision to take him off life support. He passed away on Sunday. My heart goes out to this suffering family.

A dear friend is recovering from a life-threatening illness and hospitalization. His wife had x-rays last week, and was found to have two large tumors on her brain. They are good and generous people with a vital ministry to this community. I am praying daily that God will restore the health of these two precious souls.

What do you say when God doesn't make sense? That God does make sense. Life doesn't. Life is full of heartache and sin and pain. God is full of grace and truth and peace. When life brings heartache, God gives us grace to face the challenges. When we sin, God shows us the truth of His Word. And when life is painful, God gives us peace to bear up under the pressure.

I don't always understand what God's plan is, for my life or anyone else's. God doesn't make bad things happen. We all have choices in this sin-filled world. But I know that He is always faithful and always ready to comfort our breaking hearts. So I will cling to Him, because sometimes, that's all you can do.

***

I will be heading out to Coffeyville for the semi-annual Kansas Authors Club District #3 meeting on Saturday. This is a great group of authors and writers who are prolific in their endeavors. We will have lunch together, conduct some business and talk about our favorite subject.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did five aerobic workouts last week. I started weighing myself every Monday morning. I had a big surprise last week. I have lost 14 pounds since May. Wow, how did that happen?

Also, my little black dress (LBD) was getting kind of big, so I bought a new one (size 14) last week while shopping in Wichita with my mom. Great to have my fashion advisor with me while trying on clothes!

***

Notable Quote:

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (KJV)
"Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work."

Comments

Me said…
Great entry Carol, I know God will make perfect sense when the whole picture is revealed. I would just like to see the whole picture. Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward