Kill Cancer!

My life has been touched by cancer. That's not so unusual. Everyone has a cancer story. Maybe your aunt or grandpa or second cousin twice removed had it. Everyone hates cancer...but who's going to do something about it?

I am a cancer survivor. My mother and sister conquered breast cancer. My father died of lung cancer. The Hubster has a chronic cancer condition. Loads of my other relatives have been touched by the disease. I don't want to lose any more loved ones. I don't want to see anyone else suffer. Let's take back control. Researchers are working hard to find a cure. Why can't we do our part?

What's my part, you ask? Take better care of the body that God has given you. Eat right (yes, vegetables!), exercise more days than not, drink water, not soda, and see a doctor regularly. Most importantly, stop smoking! And if you don't smoke, don't you dare start!

I don't want to ever witness another person I love suffer the agony that is cancer. Life is too precious and people are too important. We all deserve long, happy lives filled with loud birthday parties and funny movie nights and snarky Facebook posts. Take good care of yourself. We need you!

***

I spent the day with my mom last Thursday. She was holding a garage sale and I went up to hinder (uh, help) her. It was a blustery, drizzly day with a touch of fall in the air. This was affirmed by a very industrious squirrel who spent the day racing back and forth across the driveway, gathering nuts. He made trip after trip from the pecan tree in Mom's neighbors' yard, loaded up his jaws with nuts, then hustled back to her property.

He was burying the pecans in holes around the yard, except if we ventured over to watch him work. Then he would sit perfectly still like a Buckingham Palace sentry until we retreated back to the garage. He got more and more ambitious (read: frenzied), and went from carrying one or two pecans in his mouth, to four at a time. What a show off!

***

The Hubster and I ran into Walgreens on Sunday to pick up some earplugs. (I snore, not him!) While we were there we noticed that Duracell now makes a 4gb flash drive. Yeah, the battery company. Weird, huh? Here's the kicker: the flash drive included a bonus. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Ha!

My parents owned the entire Encyclopedia Britannica and as a kid I used it quite often as a reference for school reports or papers. The volumes took up two shelves on a rather large bookcase. The new Duracell flash drive, measuring three inches, includes the Encyclopedia Britannica as a free add-on. Yup, I'm officially older than dirt.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four disco aerobic workouts last week and added another song onto the routine, so I'm now doing four more minutes per session. Lots more huffing and puffing.

***

Notable Quote:

1 Corinthians 6:19 (KJV)
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward