Three Years Old

This week marks the third anniversary of my blog. My original goals were to exercise more, lose some weight and continue the work I had begun on Project Carol. Through the history of this blog, you can see the progress I have made. I stopped biting my fingernails, joined writer's groups, attended conferences, gave speeches and lost more weight. It seems as if while this blog was aging, I was doing some growing up, too.

When I began Female in Motion, I was a size 16W. Now I wear a 14W or 16 misses. That's not a lot of weight, but I have kept it off for three years, and that is much better than I have ever done before. I was always a yo yo dieter in the past.

My endurance and energy levels have increased, as well. I think regular exercise is the key for me. I feel better, sleep better, even eat better when I have worked out. My diet has improved, too. I drink lots of water and know my "trigger" foods, like potato chips, donuts and most desserts. Out of my house, off of my hips!

I'm no Nazi when it comes to food, though. I eat what I want, most of the time. I treat myself once in a while, and that is the trick. ONCE IN A WHILE. Not because it's Tuesday afternoon. I've learned to ask myself the question: Is this (insert fattening food here) worth the calories?

When I think about it, this is all your fault, dear readers! Since I am accountable to you, I feel a responsibility to make something of my life, to do better, to be better. And so, I continue on my journey of self-discovery, self-improvement, and hopefully, a minimum of self-absorption. All with a liberal smattering of humor, of course!

***

Momala's Book Club: I am currently reading two books. The first is a non-fiction writing guide, "Make Every Word Count," by Gary Provost. It has helpful tips, followed by exercises to improve your skills. It's on loan from my pastor, Charles Whaley. "So Long, Insecurity," by Beth Moore is a inspirational self-help book for women. I'll give more information on these when I finish.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did five more disco aerobic workouts last week. Richard Simmons is my new BFF!

***

Notable Quote:

Romans 14:12-13 (KJV)
"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward