It Looks Pretty Bad...


When your daughter calls and says, "I'm okay, Mom," you know it's not good. Sarah really is okay, although she has multiple injuries and is in a lot of pain. But she's alive and nothing is broken and she was checked out by the ambulance crew. Now if she could just say the same about her car!

As a mom, you spend a lot of time praying for your kids' safety. As a mom, you spend a lot of time praying for your kids, period! Sarah was hit this evening on her way to WSU for a class. She's a great, safe driver, but not everyone else is. Thank God that she was buckled up and her airbags deployed. Sarah now has seat belt and airbag injuries, but she's alive! Please pray that she will recover fully from these injuries.

***

Last week, I wrote about a book I had read called, "Now, Discover Your Strengths." I got quite a lot of feedback about this subject, so I thought I would update you on the Gallup Organization's latest offering. "StrengthsFinder 2.0" is authored by Tom Rath, and is a much shorter, easier read. It still has a secret code included so that you can go to the website and take the test yourself. The website has been upgraded to include a lot more features that are helpful to business managers, teachers and people who live with other people (like all of us). The best part of the new book is that it only costs $10 on Amazon.com.

***

My new dryer was delivered this afternoon. We had put off buying a new one for way too long, but life had gotten in the way. You know, things like Christmas, and a daughter getting married. Little stuff like that. Anyway, the new dryer is a match to the washer we bought last year, and I can't wait to use it. Yep, I'm one of those. Go ahead, call me a Clean Freak, Neatnik, I can take it.

***

The Hubster and I attended the ACHS Band Crescendo Dinner on Tuesday night. It was a lot of fun. The food was good and the music was great! This dinner is a fundraiser for the band to fund all of their annual activities. There are three cool kids from our church that are members of the percussion section. Conner Coldwell, Cameron Crabtree and Sadie Lungren are all my buddies and really talented musicians.

***

I worked on a new writing project last week that really spoke to me. I wrote a letter to me from God. I talk to God a lot through prayer. My writing mentor encouraged me to write a letter from God, speaking to me about the negative things I need to work through and the positive things He has in store for me. This process was really encouraging to me. If you are interested, I can share this letter with you, or help you write one yourself.

***

Exercise Update: I did three sets of hand-weight calisthenics last week, two aerobic workouts and one 10 minute basketball drill.

***

Notable Quote:

"Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it's the only way you can do anything really good."--William Faulkner, Nobel Prize-winning author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward