Rachel's Gettin' Hitched!


Kibbie called Sunday night...Drew proposed! My sweet girl is getting married! We are really excited for them. Rachel and Drew have been in love since their first date nearly four years ago. The biggest surprise is, they are getting married on Thanksgiving. Yeah, like two weeks from now. Oh, well, at least they aren't eloping like her parents!

***

I made the annual pilgrimage to my parent's homeland last weekend. My mom, sister and I returned to the University of Missouri--Columbia, to present my dad's memorial scholarship at the yearly banquet. This year marks the 50th anniversary of my dad's graduation from MU Engineering School. Our family instituted this scholarship to honor the memory of my father, who treasured the time he spent at MU. We consider it his legacy, and our family's legacy, as well.

Our latest scholarship recipient is Shawn O'Donaghue, a freshman in mechanical engineering from Lebanon, MO. He is a sweet, normal guy who is super smart and the first in his family to go to college. It means a lot to me that because of my dad, this fine young man is going to get a college education. It gives you that deep down kind of joy.

The best part was time spent with my mom. You know, two wild Monson women...on the loose! We had such a fun time traveling together. Even the bathroom breaks were hilarious. We talked and laughed about everything, especially how much we both snore! I even got to drive Mom's Hot Rod Lincoln.

***

Momala's Netflix Movie Pick: Mom and I watched "New in Town" on Thursday night. This romantic comedy features Harry Connick, Jr. and Rene' Zellweger. I was pleased that both characters were very down-to-earth and not too pretty and packaged. The setting was a food factory in small-town Minnesota. The supporting cast was diverse and really funny, too. Even with a scruffy beard, Harry Connick, Jr. is still divine. He has such boyish charm! This film rates 3 1/2 out of five stars.

***

Notable Quote:

"The Bible's treasures are found by those who dig for them."--Our Daily Bread

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward