What's a Momala to do?

I got a phone call on Tuesday night from my Aunt Nancy. To preface, my Aunt Nancy is not like anyone else on earth. She is simply the coolest, funniest, most audacious woman I know. I want to be just like her when I grow up...if I ever decide to.

Aunt Nancy is my mom's little sister. She lives in northern Missouri with her former Marine husband, Uncle Barry. Nancy is the only person in the world that I allow to call me "Carol Baby." She attracts attention everywhere she goes, like Paris Hilton at a Miami nightclub opening. You never know what she's going to say or do next.

***

My mom and I did some major power-shopping last week. I wanted to find a really great outfit to wear for a special occasion. Mom raised three daughters (and a son). She taught us all to be great shoppers with sharp eyes for quality and a good deal. I've tried to teach my daughters that, too. We spent most of Thursday afternoon in a drenching rainstorm, moving quickly from shop to shop. We found not one, but two killer outfits, and at a bargain price!

***

Momala's To-Do List for the Week: Tuesday-Thursday nights at 7 pm. we have a church growth seminar at Missionary Baptist Church, led by Jeremy Rands, Ohio pastor. I will sing on Tuesday night, as well. The October meeting of the Cowley County Writers Guild is at 7 p.m. Thursday at the library. We will be discussing editing and proofreading. I will be attending the Kansas Authors Club convention this weekend. It's my first writer's convention and I'm a bit nervous and excited. There will be lots of workshops and a keynote speaker. I'll give you a full report next week. Pray for me!

***

Exercise Update: I accomplished three aerobic workouts and three hand-weight calisthenic sets last week.

***

Notable Quote

"If you are too busy for God, you are too busy."--Our Daily Bread

"I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon."--Ellen DeGeneres

Comments

Holley Gerth said…
Congratulations and blessings on your new blog, Carol!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward