The Dating Game

The Hubster and I had a date night last Friday. We had some appointments in Wichita, so we decided to stay in town and kick up our heels a little bit. In our case, kicking up our heels is mostly a figurative term, we don't do much literal heel-kicking any more!

First, we dined at Cheddar's, a popular family-dining spot on the east side. If you haven't been there, you might want to try it. The portion size is large and the prices are great (under $30 for two). The Hubster said the ribs are really good, and he's a rib connoisseur. We caught "The Invention of Lying" at the Warren East Theater after dinner. Although it was a sweet love story, and Ricky Gervais was great (as usual), we wouldn't recommend it. The movie took a decidedly anti-Christian tone about 3/4 of the way through. Very disappointing. Two stars out of five.

Have you ever struggled over dinner conversation with your spouse? I usually chatter on like a magpie...shocking, I know! The Hubster is naturally a quiet, thoughtful man. I don't want to dominate the conversation, so I use this strategy: The Probing Question. What did you want to be when you were little, or where in the world would you go if money was no object; those types of questions assure me that we will sustain a conversation for at least 15-20 minutes. Plus, I learn some cool stuff about The Hubster that I didn't know before!

***

Have you looked at the bottom of the page of this blog lately? I have added a couple of new "gadgets" in the last month. The first is a stat counter. It merely tells me how many of you lovely people read my blog every week. Thanks, folks! The other is a "blog list" or blog roll, which shows you the blogs I read on a daily/weekly basis. I want to tell you a little about each of them.

"Le Hot Tomato" is Emily Parman, formerly of Ark City, lately of NYC. She works on Broadway and also makes adorable aprons on the side.

"Buona Vita" is Leah and Luke LoChiano, of Lee's Summit, MO. Leah is the daughter of Steve & Therese Kent, our very dear friends. Leah is the energetic, Christian mom of two (soon to be three).

"Scribbles From a Scribe" is Stan Finger, a reporter for the Wichita Eagle.

"Ark City Revived" is James Jordan's local Ark City blog.

"B.D. Tharp" is the writer's blog for Bonnie Tharp, my new friend from the KWA.

"Karina's Kitchen" is the Internet home for The Gluten-Free Goddess. Her blog has great recipes with fabulous pictures. By the way, her food is yummy, regardless of the allergen thing.

***

Exercise Update: I did three 30-minute aerobic workouts with two six-minute basketball drills. I moved my hand weights to the bedroom last week, and promptly forgot about them. This week, I'll move them back and try to get some calisthenics in.

***

Notable Quote:

"Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth."--Proverbs 5:18

"If you want to look young and thin, hang around old, fat people."--Jim Eason, radio host

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward