Perpetual Condition

Most people would call me complex...even a little bit "high maintenance." Actually, I'm a very simple girl. There are only two things on my mind. I'm hungry and I've got to pee! Embarrassing, but true.

When I get up in the morning the first thing on my mind is getting to the bathroom. Right after that, I'm ready to eat. I spend most of the day planning what I'll eat for lunch and dinner, making menus and defrosting meat. Every morning, The Hubster and I discuss what we'll be noshing on that evening. Plans are made early in the week for weekend meals. Holiday and birthday dinner menus are scheduled at least a month ahead.

I drink a lot of water every day. My doctor recommended that I do, and my mom always set a good example. She kept a water glass by the sink in the kitchen. I keep a liter bottle of refrigerated water on my desk all day. It seems to help with my migraines. The side effect of all this water consumption is...I have to go all the time!

It seems like every 30 minutes, I'm toddling off to the toilet. It's a good thing my office is connected to the bathroom. At least I only make one trip during the night. Trying to maneuver through our bedroom in the dark, dodging cats, is tricky. I start feeling headache-y if I decrease the water intake, though, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

***

The Hubster and I made a trip to Winfield on Friday morning. He had an appointment with Ray at The Mug & Brush to get his ears lowered (haircut!). Next, we were off to the Super Wal-Mart. First off, I want to specify that I am not a big fan of Wal-Mart, but when they're the only game in town...you get the point. I think the Wal-Mart in Winfield actually has a few more items in pet care, health care and food than the Ark City one. It works, at least for us.

While there, we ran into a most odious character, The Immovable Wal-Mart Shopper! You know her, she's the one who takes up both sides of the aisle with her cart and body and won't move regardless of your proximity. Actually, there were three of them, stationed at various locations across the store. There are unspoken laws of shopping etiquette: You don't take up both sides of the aisle, and you don't camp out for too long without letting others through. Next trip, I'm taking an air horn!

***

The weather today in Ark City is decidedly autumnal. It was partly cloudy and cool most of the day, and a messy drizzle has filled the air this evening. We had to grill our marinated chicken thighs in the garage tonight. I handled the cooking and the results were well-done, to say the least.

***

Exercise Update: I did four aerobic workouts and three hand weight calisthenic sets last week. The basketball drills are getting easier to do, and I'm not as stiff and sore now. No washboard abs yet, though. Ha!

***

Notable Quote: "It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."--Sam Levenson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward