Music/Music

In the past four days, I have seen two great Christmas concerts. First, the Ark City Middle School choirs performed a festive medley of traditional and contemporary tunes last Thursday night. Two of my Sunday School students, Alexis Coldwell and Brittany Guevera, are members of the ACMS 8th grade choir. Their director, Nancy Eis, likes to get kids involved with lots of feature solos. My favorite tune was "Winter Song," which had a haunting melody.

The Arkansas City High School Christmas Choir Concert was tonight. Jessica Coldwell sings alto in both the Ark High Singers and the Symphonic Choir. Her brother, Conner, played the drums on two songs. The tunes were a mixture of traditional carols and satirical compositions. My favorites were "The Gift," a sweet love song, and a doo-wop version of "White Christmas" by the men's ensemble.

***

The Hubster and I drove out to the Cowley 8 on Saturday night to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still," with Keanu Reeves. I should preface this next statement by revealing that the original 1951 film is a favorite of our family and we own the video. YAWN!!! The special effects were cool, but the plot plodded along and didn't make any sense. I get the whole "global warming" thing, but please! And, by the way, THE EARTH NEVER STOOD STILL in the film!

***

When I got out of the concert this evening, it was snowing like crazy! It always surprises me when it snows, and I'm a native Kansan. I used to really enjoy snow when I was a kid, but now that I have to drive around in it, the shiny is definitely off. Bah, humbug!

***

I got off to a running start this morning with a large workout.

Treadmill: 25 minutes
Hand weights: 14 minutes
Elliptical: 8 minutes

Take that, tiny sliver of pecan pie!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward