Creeping Crud, Part II

And so the saga continues. Yes, last week I wrote about catching the cold that everyone seems to have, and now it has morphed into something devious, something evil, something worse...the dreaded double infection!

The Hubster has said that I hardly ever get sick, but when I do, it's a doozy. That's true in this case. I went to the doctor this afternoon, after suffering through a really nasty weekend of coughing, little sleep and body pain. He said I have both a sinus infection and bronchial infection. Now, I'm just heavily medicated.

***

The reason I am so incredibly bummed about being sick is that I have a big event I want to attend this weekend. My mom and I have planned to attend the Women of Faith Conference in OKC. To say I am excited about this trip is like saying that a 5-year-old is excited about Christmas. Well, duh!

I don't get out of the house much. We take trips, occasionally. And I do see the girls in Wichita as often as I can. But I work at home, so it seems like I am solitary quite a bit. The cats are limited in the whole meaningful conversation area!

Women of Faith is a great group of Christian women that travel around the country, inspiring other Christian women through their words and music. Some of these women are Luci Swindoll, Patsy Clairmont and Sandi Patty.

***

The workouts continue. I don't consider a cold to be that big of a deal, so I try to continue my daily schedule, as usual. I did three 32-minute workouts last week, combining treadmill and elliptical, along with hand weights. It actually makes me feel better to work out when I don't feel good. Endorphins, don't you know. However, this morning I was only able to put in 15 minutes before a coughing fit forced me to stop. Back at it tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward