Uncle, Already!

Okay, so last week I told you about the bald spot on the roof...well, the insurance adjuster said the whole thing is a mess, with wind and hail damage. The upshot is we're getting a new roof. Great, now my new hobby is finding reputable roofers and getting estimates. But wait, there's more!

That's right. My washer was acting up last week. The Sears guy came today and thought it was just a clogged drain line. Nope, a bearing has gone out and it'll be 750 smackeroonies to fix. Yeah...so we're buying a new one. Dang! I loved that washer!

If you haven't heard before, I have a bit of a laundry fixation. I love that clean smell, getting stains out, even the folding. I have been denied that pleasure for an entire week, and now I have to go out and look for a new one. I hate to say the "L" word, but The Hubster needs clean drawers!

***

Arkiepoopoo was last weekend. Or, for the uninitiated, Arkalalah. The Hubster dubbed this nickname for the annual Ark City festival when our daughters were small. (He would say anything to get a laugh!) When the girls were younger, we did the parades, the carnival, the craft fair. Now, we do the fast food crawl on Thursday night and call it good.

***

Today was Girls Day Out. Grandma, Rachel and I went to lunch and a movie in Wichita this afternoon. We saw "The Secret Life of Bees." A real chick flick, but a great, well-made film. I went through 3 1/2 Kleenexes, though. We took some time to help Grandma pick out the menu for her big birthday bash, too. Sometimes, it's important to play hooky for a day.

***

I've been shopping for a new workout video. Something to augment the routine of using the treadmill and elliptical machines. The selection at Wal-Mart is pitiful, so I will keep looking. If you have recommendations, please share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward