This Old House

Typical Sunday morning. Coffee, shower, and a mad dash to the car. Yesterday was a little bit different, though. As the car exited the garage, we saw a few shingles laying on the ground. Our roof has a bald spot!


All the high winds we've had lately have done a number on our roof. Long story short, the insurance man is coming over this week to take a look. As long as it is fixed by Christmas, I'm good. I don't want those eight tiny reindeer coming through the ceiling on Christmas Eve!

***

I have Christmas on the brain, already. I am researching short skits for our Sunday School kids to do this year. We have a small congregation, only 40 on Sundays. (Quality, not quantity!) Our kids do like to have a small Christmas program, though, so I'm in charge of the "skit quest." Small, but meaningful.

***

Okay, that's it! When it rains, it pours. I just went downstairs to check on the laundry, and my washer has bit the dust. Ugh! The floor is covered in a thin layer of soapy soupy stuff. Lovely. Now I just have to wait for the third thing to happen, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward