Kibbie Got New Specs!



Just wanted to show you all a photo of my pretty daughter, Rachel, with her new glasses. We got them last week at Lens Crafters in Wichita. Isn't she a doll?


A poem by Maya Angelou

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say...'I am a Christian,' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner, who received God's good grace, somehow!

I received this poem from my Aunt Nancy this week and it really hit me between the eyes! It describes perfectly my daily walk with God. I'm not perfect (as you can all attest to!), but I try every day to do my best.

In the mail last week, we received four invitations to graduations. This kind of sneaked up on me. I knew that my niece, Becca and her boyfriend, Jesse would be graduating from Ark City, but I had forgotten about my niece, Jacque graduating from Olathe Northwest, and Tristan, my friend Dionne's son graduating from Ark City. Oh, and I also forgot about my friend from church, Theresa, graduating from Cowley.

Theresa is a dynamo. She is a mom to two preschoolers, has a demanding job and a very silly husband! How she finds time to go to college is beyond me. Oh, and did I mention she's studying computers? Smart cookie!

I am back up to 30 minutes per workout on the elliptical machine at FitZone! It feels really good when I put on a dress that's been in the back of the closet all winter, and it fits! Even better than last year! I can't wait to get the rest of my spring and summer clothes out, and I can't remember the last time I felt that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward