Does Everyone Have the Flu???

I spent last week driving back and forth from Wichita, playing nurse to the girls who both had the flu. Of course, Rachel had to outdo her big sister and got pneumonia! There were lots of trips to doctors, Walgreens, Sonic (for Route 44 iced teas) and the grocery store for soup, juice and other liquids. I've never seen so many fevers, body aches, nose blowing and nasty coughing!

Thank goodness, both girls are feeling better now. It was a blessing that I haven't come down with anything either. All that exercise helps. It keeps your immune system pumping! I had enough energy to take care of them and do all my regular work, too. I billed over $80,000.00 worth of claims last week.

I got the results back from my annual physical last week, and my cholesterol is down 22 points! Yea! My doctor's precise quote was: "You are disgustingly healthy!" I need to keep working on my triglicerides, though. I guess I'll keep up the oatmeal. If anyone has any other tips, let me know. Oh, yeah, and I lost eight more pounds.

Have you read To Kill A Mockingbird? It's one of my favorite books. I found a biography on the life of Nelle Harper Lee, the author, and am really enjoying it. It's called Mockingbird, by Charles J. Shields. It's a fascinating look at her Southern roots, friendship with Truman Capote and battle with fame. I'm on the last chapter, so if you want to borrow it...ask.

They said it couldn't be done, but I did it! I worked out four times last week. At last! It feels good, too. I definitely feel better physically and I needed the strength to get me through a challenging week. Onward and upward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward