Noisy Ned

He's back! When I went into FitZone this morning...there he was. Puffing and groaning on the treadmill. Oh, yeah, and coughing without covering his mouth! Did I mention I'm a bit of a germaphobe? It's cold and flu season, people!

Noisy Ned then proceeded on to the free weights, his specialty. "Ned" is a twenty-something dude who likes to throw the weights around...literally! He grunts and groans over the hand weights and then throws them down with a crash to the floor. This goes on for approximately 30 minutes or so. It's great!

Sorry about that rant. I know it's not a library, but I still like to think and watch the news or Gilmore Girls when I work out. One of the main reasons I started exercising is because I needed a stress reliever. Working out is very relaxing for me. I take out a lot of frustration. Besides, it saves me hundreds in therapy bills!

Someone asked me the other day what my favorite Bible verse was. That was a toughie! It's like asking which daughter is my favorite. Neither! Ha! No, really, I have a lot of favorite Bible verses, it just depends on what I need at that moment. If I need encouragement, I cling to "I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me." When I need reassurance, "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him," helps me. Sometimes I have trouble being patient, that's when "I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope," fits the bill. One of my all-time favorite Psalms is 95, "O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation." This whole Psalm is really meaty, but I especially love the first verse and I repeat it to myself when I am getting ready to sing. If I mess up, at least I know it will be a "joyful noise" unto my God.

There are many other scriptures that are precious to me. I'll share some again at a later date. I try to read from the Bible every morning. I just finished Acts. I really got a lot of new insights out of it. Ruth is the book that the girls and I are studying in Sunday School. It was the first book of the Bible that I fell in love with as a kid.

The Hubster is plying me with peppermint tea, so I am signing off. Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward