Carol of the Bells

Oh, I am in the spirit now! Look out, world! I just got back from the high school vocal music Christmas concert, and I am feeling Christmas-y. It takes me a while to warm up, but I get there. Listening to Christmas music always helps. That, and loads of egg nog!

Last night at church was the kids' Christmas program. It was small this year, just four kids. Our Sunday School department is going through a "rebuilding year." It was a really special night, though, and the kids did a great job. I want to mention them all by name: Jessica Coldwell, Conner Coldwell, Alexis Coldwell and Brittany Guevera. They read scripture, played the piano and sang carols. The Ark Highs even came and sang several songs for us. It was really good, and made me start thinking about that Babe, born in a stable 2,000 years ago.

Now, I just have to get all those presents wrapped! By the way, I have sent out 52 Christmas cards so far this year. Let me know if you didn't get one. I keep going back to Graves and buying more. We seem to be receiving more this year, too. Folks must have a lot of extra time on their hands.

I talked to my sister-in-law Kerri tonight. She actually reads my blog. Shocking! She must be bored out of her mind! The Hubster says that my blog is like Seinfeld. It's a blog about nothing, but people seem to like it anyway. Ha!

All those minutes on the elliptical machine are paying off. I have noticed that my pants fit differently now. My legs are getting more toned and my ample tummy is starting to flatten, ever so slightly. I really like being able to walk on the treadmill at home, too. It gives me fewer excuses. I'm not crazy about going to FitZone late at night (too many beautiful people!), so it's a nice alternative. Maybe Pat should put in a disco ball and a strobe light for Saturday nights!

P.S.: I just got photos printed of my cats! I will try to post a few next week.

Comments

gnoble said…
Don't worry about the candy wrappers on the bus. The trash cans help a bunch!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward