Christmas Craziness



Christmas 2007 is over. Whew! It was a rush of cleaning, cooking, visiting, wrapping, and very little sleeping. It's always a lot of fun, and I'm always glad when it's over! I feel utterly exhausted now, and ready for a long winter's nap.

The Hubster and I spent Christmas Eve Day cleaning the house, baking a cake and putting together enchiladas for Christmas Eve dinner. The Hubster's family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve with a Mexican feast. A little unorthodox, but if you knew his family...not really! They are all great people, very relaxed and welcoming. We always have a great time there.

Sarah, Rachel and Drew came down in the afternoon and spent the night at home. Rachel helped me put the tree up, because I hadn't gotten around to it yet, and because I'm a grinch! (It came down this morning, first thing!) It was kind of a big slumber party. I bought an Aero Bed. Those things are just like a big trampoline!

We were all up by 7:30 on Christmas morning, and starving to death! Rachel made her famous gluten free pancakes. The Hubster did bacon and eggs and fruit salad. The bacon was amazing! I hadn't had any since June. We opened gifts after that and then the showering began. We were all clean and ready to go to Grandma's by 11:15. Pretty good, I think.

Our family had Grandma all to ourselves this year. That's unusual, because I have three siblings. My brother had been there the weekend before Christmas, and my sisters both work in hospitals. They will both be there for my mom's birthday this weekend. I won't tell you her age, but she is the most gorgeous senior citizen I know!

Mom served a beautiful ham dinner with all the fixings and then we opened gifts. While The Hubster tinkered with Grandma's computer and Drew napped, us girls played a new game, Cranium. If you haven't played it yet, it's really fun and completely humiliating! I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Thanks to GNoble for the comment! He drives the church bus, and keeps the rug rats under control.

Last week, I promised to post cat photos, so here they are! Murray and Sweet are our oldest cats. Murray is 11 and has diabetes. He's in good health otherwise and a nice old man. Miss Sweet is as sweet as her name. She is the Hubster's other woman!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Carol I LOVED reading your blogs!!( I read them backwards...recent first) I didn't make the name connection until you mentioned GNoble. I then looked back at previous names you mentioned and realized WHO Carol is. I miss the Christmas Programs from church!!Thank you for sharing these glimpses into your life. If I was living in Ark City I would be right there to join you at Fitzone!! You have certainly inspired me.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward