Candy Lady

I have a lot of fun teaching the Middle School Sunday School class at my church. I've been doing it for several years, and it's a big challenge, but very rewarding. Studying for class has helped me to learn even more about the Bible than before. The kids are insightful, active, and at times, aggravating!

Bringing snacks and treats to share with the class was a natural, after all, they're teenagers. Eating is what they do! I usually try to take something healthy, but once in a while I take candy. Slippery slope! Once the other kids in the church found out I had candy in my bag, there was no stopping it. They were driving me crazy, so I told them if they behaved themselves during the worship service, they could all have a piece of candy.

I had no idea what a Candy Monster I had created! Now every kid in church lines up after services and pours over the bag for just the right piece. I even get requests for certain types of candy: lollipops, gum, white chocolate, etc. I have a large bag now, with a full assortment of confection. Mini Hershey's bars, Starburst, Tootsie Pops, bubble gum, Kit Kats...I have it all!

The best part of being The Candy Lady is the little "thank you's" I get, and the shy smiles. The worst part is that some of the kids leave their candy wrappers on the floor or in the church bus, and then others at the church have to clean up the mess. That really makes me feel guilty!

Meanwhile, my exercise plan is working out great. I am up to 13 minutes on the elliptical machine, and still do 20 minutes of circuit training. Today while I was working out, Linda (nice lady at the gym) suggested I try switching around and doing the elliptical first, then the circuit training. She said I may be able to do more time. I'm going to give it a try, and I'll report back my findings.

Rooting through my closet to find a dress to wear on Sunday morning, I found a nice suit I hadn't worn since last winter. When I tried it on, it hung like a sack! Yippee! It's a size 16W!

I finally found someone to take all the nice clothes I can't wear any more. My daughter, Sarah, works with a young married guy whose wife is a perfect size 18. I am so glad that someone will be able to get some good out of those things. I plan to inundate her with an entire wardrobe!

Looking forward to next week's blog post, I am taking a very exciting trip on Thursday. I'll give you all the juicy details next Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward