Buttmaster 3000!

I did it! I'm not saying I have mastered it...but I have conquered the elliptical beast. Yes, and FitZone will probably NEVER be the same.

Monday through Wednesday, I put it off. The whole room was filled with body builders and hard-bodied women in spandex. Thursday, I was all alone. I timidly stepped on the Precor elliptical machine. For the uninitiated, an elliptical machine looks like a stair stepper, of sorts, with two foot pedals that you move in a walking motion, while supporting your upper body on armrests. At FitZone, the treadmills, stationary bikes and ellipticals have TV monitors with headphones to keep you entertained while they're torturing you...er, while you're exercising!

It took me a little while to get the rhythm right, but after a shaky start, I was off and running. For a full three minutes, I'll have you know! After getting home, I really started feeling it in my thighs and butt.

Today, after finishing three rounds of circuit training, I did 3 1/2 minutes on the motorized dragon! And boy, is my butt sore tonight! I had four loads of laundry to do today, and schlepping that full basket up and down the stairs all day was a killer.

I shouldn't whine so much, I actually feel good...like I accomplished something today. I am pushing my exercise regimen to the next level. My doctor says I should do 45 minutes a day, at least three times a week. If I continue with the elliptical machine, adding a couple of minutes per day, I should be able to surpass that goal in two or three weeks. Yea!

Have you heard of Netflix? I'm telling all my friends and family about it. It has CHANGED MY LIFE! I know, it sounds corny, but Netflix is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Hubster and I have been members since 2002, and love it more every year. They just dropped their rates and increased their services at the same time.

I know that Blockbuster says you can return movies at the store for an instant trade, but I never have to leave the house to get my movies. More importantly, I never have to go to a video store again. That might not mean anything to city dwellers, but here in Siberia, it's a big deal!

If you're computer-savvy at all, check it out. They have every movie, old TV show, documentary, musical, concert ever made, and then some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward