Joy to the World


I saw something tonight, I just have to share with you.

Picture this, the McDonald's drive-thru. It was very crowded, and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. On my way to Wal-Mart for more gift wrap and bows, I stopped for some McNuggets. Up early, with many hours of cleaning and prepping under my belt, I was tired and not feeling very festive at all. Admittedly, I thought how I just wanted the next 24 hours to be over. As I said, not very festive.

And then it happened.

I saw a young worker exit the employee door and walk out to the far end of the restaurant parking lot. He took two large boxes out a vehicle, picked up one, and struggled to push the other with his leg and foot. There was a large, fancy SUV behind me in line. It contained one of those young, very well-dressed man with a fancy stereo and haircut to match. I watched this gentleman leave his car and step quickly toward the employee with the boxes. He picked up the one on the ground without a word and walked back toward the door. After shaking the man's hand, he quietly returned to his SUV and moved forward in the line.

With renewed joy in my heart, I pointed the Sonata toward Wal-Mart.

Merry Christmas, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward