That Ye May Know

Photo courtesy of Odyssey
Exodus 10:2 (KJV) And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the LORD.



God is not mysterious. He wants to be known and loved by you and me. I have the same yearning. It's truly stunning that He knows everything about me...and loves me still.

There is a song playing frequently on The House FM. "Known" by Tauren Wells is my new favorite.

"I'm fully known and loved by You
You won't let go no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You"

The Bible displays God's desire to be known. In verse after verse, our Father's attributes are revealed. He knows that the closer we are to Him, the more we will desire to know Him and the more intimate our relationship will be. Just like dear friends, as we confide and share with each other, we form an unbreakable bond of faith and trust.

God is not mysterious. He's my best friend.

***

Notable Quote:

"One true friend adds more to our happiness than a thousand enemies add to our unhappiness."--Marie Dubsky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward