I Am A Student

Photo courtesy of  TeachHUB
I loved school. The routine, the challenge, even the tests were things I enjoyed. During the summer, I ached to return to class. Since finishing college, I have thought often about returning to learn new subjects. Work, finances, and life are roadblocks to me becoming a student again. In the meantime, I will read and research what interests me.

Studying the Bible is one thing I never grow tired of. I can research the lives of the saints, the history of worship in the temple, or trace the journey to the promised land by the Jews. When I need encouragement, I can look up verses about joy, loss, pain, patience, and fortitude.

Check out all the Bible verses regarding learning:

Deuteronomy 4:5 (KJV)
5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

1 Samuel 12:23 (KJV)
23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:

Job 6:24 (KJV)
24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred.



Psalm 86:11 (KJV)
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.


Psalm 119:135 (KJV)
135 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.


Psalm 143:10 (KJV)
10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.


Becoming a student of the Bible is one of the most challenging and rewarding tasks I have faced. And I will never be done. Graduation will take place in Heaven.

***

Notable Quote:

"Education is the movement from darkness to light."--Allan Bloom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward