The Human Race

Marathon in Malaysia
Hebrews 12:1-3 (KJV) Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.



I've done a lot of running in my life--as part of training for soccer and track teams in school, and to stay healthy as an adult. There has also been some running away from hard things and dashing toward the wrong stuff.

Notice that phrase in the Scripture above, "run with patience?" Being a Christ Follower is like running a marathon. I have to pace myself so that I have enough energy and stamina to run the race that will last my whole lifetime. Taking time out to pour into others that have needs and refueling my faith are important pit stops.

Wearing the right gear is vital for running the race. Satan has it in for us, and we need all the tools to fight back. I am confident that my Heavenly Father's power far exceeds the devil's feeble attempts at temptation.

Crossing the finish line into the arms of my Savior is my ultimate goal, so I'll keep running the race, with as much grace as I can possibly muster.

***

Notable Quote:

"Runners just do it--they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."-- Author Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward