Chariots or Horses

Courtesy of Sashank Purighalla
Psalm 20:7 (KJV) Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.


I remember the day I decided to let go of my security blanket. Both times.

Blankie was very special. And green. It made my thumb taste delicious. I miss him sometimes.

The second time was different. The Hubster had been diagnosed with multiple myeloma a few months before, and we met with a counselor to help us deal with our future. He showed me that I had wrongly placed my security with my husband, and not with my Savior. That was a very hard day, but the more I released my husband, the more God showed up--in a big way.

We place our trust in money, homes, possessions, and people--each one is temporal. Only Christ remains. If we allow God to show us exactly how powerful He really is, I believe our lives would be totally transformed.

Let God be God.

***

Notable Quote:

"The Shepherd knows what pastures are best for His sheep, and they must not question or doubt, but trustingly follow Him."--H.W. Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward