Deny, Deny, Deny

Luke 9:23 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.


The apostle John said about Christ, "He must increase, but I must decrease." This is so contrary to what humans strive for today. We simply want to super-size everything.

From the time I was very young, I was ambitious. I wanted to travel the world, achieve multiple college degrees, make piles of money and move to the Bahamas. The common denominator there was me, me, me. Where did God fit into this equation?

When I stopped asking God why He was doing things to my life, and instead asked, "What can I learn from this, God?", my attitude improved and I found peace and contentment. My Heavenly Father has good plans for me if I will trust and follow Him.

The world travel, degrees, money, and Bahamian home have never materialized. What I do have, is more than I dreamt and so much more than I deserve. I want to resemble Christ more and more every day. It is a lifelong pursuit and I must fight my selfish will every step of the way.

***

Notable Quote:

"I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I have ever met."--Dwight L. Moody

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward