Follow the Directions


About a year ago, The Hubster and I watched an episode of ABC's 20/20, in which they told the story of a young woman who became stranded in the desert for five days near the Grand Canyon. She faithfully followed the instructions on her GPS, until her vehicle ran out of gas in a remote area of Arizona. 

The majority of young adults, and even some oldsters like me, have and use a geographical positioning system of some type. While trying to find the nearest gas station recently, I went on a wild goose chase in the outskirts of Haysville, Kansas, when a quick half block to the right would have easily had me filling my tank.

Whether I need turn-by-turn or long-range direction, I can use the best tools in the universe: my Bible and the Holy Spirit. A GPS may lead me astray in unfamiliar territory, but God is faithful and constant. 

Our Father's sense of direction is perfect...and He'll never steer you wrong.

***

Notable Quote:

"Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer."--Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward