From the Cradle to the Cross

Psalm 22:16-18 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. 

Look closely at the scripture above. "They pierced my hands and my feet" and "they part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture." Sound familiar? Yes, those words are about Christ's crucifixion. But wait...this reference is from the Psalms! From the foundation of the world, God knew He would have to send His son to die on the cross for our sins.

As we approach Christmas this year, I have been thinking more about why Christ came earth and the parallels between the birth of Jesus and His death. You can't have one without the other. In order to have the cradle, you must also have the cross.

Christ was born to die. He put on human flesh in order to become our Lamb of sacrifice. The price for our sins was paid.

The gift of Christmas is for you. And for me. It's for anyone who has ever committed a sin.

Luke 2:29-32 (KJV) Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. 

***

Notable Quote:

"There has been only one Christmas--the rest are anniversaries."--W.J. Cameron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward