Closer to God

Whoa. I did not expect all the feedback from last week's blog post. This week, I want to tell you why I wrote what I did.

Lately, when readers comment on my posts, they say it was great, or they needed to hear it. The ones I really cringe at are "You're such a good Christian," or "You know so much about the Bible."

While I strive to be closer to God, I'm no saint. I don't want to be held up as a paragon to anyone. Maturing in the faith is what I want to accomplish. We all have our own journey.

The tiny glimmer of hope I wrote about last week has become a bit stronger. My daughter and I spoke yesterday and we have plans to visit again in a few months. Because I want to honor and respect her privacy, this is the last time I will write about our relationship on the blog.

Dear readers and friends, thank you for your spiritual intervention on my behalf. I have felt these prayers in my soul.

***

Notable Quote:

"Once you choose hope, anything's possible."--Christopher Reeve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward