A Peek Behind the Mask

No makeup selfie
Let's get real. I'm not a perfect Christian, not a perfect wife, not a perfect mother. When you read what I put in my blog posts, you get only a small snapshot of my life.

Fact: I have battled cyclical depression most of my adult life. Since I am high-functioning, most people don't know if they see me in person. Throwing myself into work and other projects helps me cope.

Fact: One of my daughters has not spoken to me since May 2015. I miss her deeply, love her unconditionally and wish her only the best. The pain of that loss is profound.

Fact: The struggle I have with self-worth is constant and stressful. You can tell when it's getting the best of me when my hair is uncut for months, nails are bitten short and weight is up. I simply don't feel I am worthy.

Before you start thinking I've boarded the Self-Pity Train, let me assure you--I still have hope. It's a tiny glimmer some days, but I know He won't let me down.

I am determined to get closer to God; to follow hard after Him.

I want to become a better parent. Not sure how, but my daughters should have some ideas.

If I can get a handle on this negative self-image thing, I believe my life would improve.

***

Notable Quote:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward