Anticipation

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Recently, I had lunch with a friend. We've known each other a very long time, since early childhood. I love that we were able to reconnect. The visit got me thinking about some of our adventures.

On the night before we started our senior year in high school, my friend called and invited me to go to a movie. On a school night. In Wichita. I can't imagine why, but my parents allowed me to go. We were practically giddy, on the eve before our last year of school. The movie was awful (Corvette Summer), but that didn't matter. We laughed and shared popcorn and anticipated the possibilities.

Have you ever wondered what Heaven will be like? I admit, the older I get, the more I look forward to it. John 14:2 promises there will be a place for each of us. It might be a Beverly Hills-esque solid gold mansion, or a humble cabin by a peaceful lake.

Once I had my Sunday School class draw pictures of their idea of Heaven. Most contained big houses with swimming pools and ice cream fountains. Read Revelation 21 if you want to know what Heaven will actually look like.

Whatever Heaven's appearance is, the important thing is to make your reservation early. And tell your friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward