A Refuge in the Time of Storm

Psalm 27:5 (KJV) For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

When I was a kid, I was the smallest in the family. Even my little brother was bigger than me. He called me runt.

Because of my size, I was afraid of a lot of stuff, i.e. large animals and people.  But mostly--the dark. One of my daily chores was to take my dirty clothes downstairs to the very dark laundry room, in the farthest corner of the basement. Most of the time, I opened the door, flung the clothes and ran back to the relative safety of the upstairs.

In the Psalms, God promises us a refuge with Him. He hides us, and we are perfectly safe. Nothing evil can harm us there.

There will always be storms in our life. Make God your safe haven, and you'll never have to be afraid again.

***

Notable Quote:

"It's the prayer of the wandering, storm-tossed soul...when we go home again!"--Esther M. Clark Hill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward