Who Knows Me?

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 

 My coworkers know me. They think I am hard-working, albeit pretty silly. And I'm always up for a party.

My friends know me. They see me as a fun, loud person, who likes to give out hugs and can keep a secret.

My doctor knows me. I'm not sick very often, but when I am, it's a doozy. My doctor knows I am a two-time cancer survivor and tough as an Army boot.


My mother knows me. She likes to talk to me about the day we met, especially on my birthday. We are very close, and I can talk to her about anything. She is the only person I talk to about my parental failures. Mom's a great listener.


The Hubster knows me. More than anyone else on this planet, that man knows everything about me, and yet, he still loves me. He's seen me at my best, and my worst.

Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


There is someone who knows me much more intimately than my husband. He's known me longer than my mother, better than any of my friends or co-workers, and my doctor could never know more about my body than my Creator.

GOD KNOWS ME. GOD GETS ME. GOD LOVES ME.

If you think no one really knows you, or gets you, or loves you--you're wrong. You are His child, and He understands.

****

Notable Quote:


"We talk about God's remembering us, as if it were a special effort. But if we could only know how truly we belong to God, it would be different. God's remembrance of us is the natural claiming of our life by Him as true part of His own."--Phillips Brooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward