Buzz

On the last day of kindergarten at El Paso Elementary School, our teacher, Mrs. Chailland, promised us a picnic.

Because I was so excited, my mom made a special last-day-of-school outfit for me. Mom was a great seamstress, and sewed clothes for us kids quite regularly. For this big occasion, she made a yellow and white polka-dot sundress with yellow shorts.

When the big day came, I made my way down Farmington Drive to Brian Hudson's house. (We always walked together to school.) The warm, sunny day was a perfect end to the school year. Once we got to the classroom, we found out the picnic would be held in front of the building, in a pretty field of clover.

Halfway through the picnic, a bumblebee stung me underneath my chin. I started to cry and then I panicked. Instead of informing the teacher, I began to run up the hill towards home, and didn't stop until I was in the front door and sobbing to my mother the whole sad story.

After Mom doctored my wound and dried my tears, she walked me back to school. I was embarrassed to have acted like such a baby in front of my schoolmates.

Some days, I plan it all out in my head. It's going to be great, I think. And then reality happens. It's not perfect--it's real life. What makes me think I can handle it better than God?

***

Notable Quote:

Joshua 1:7 (KJV) Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward