Broken Places

I have a confession to make...I have broken places. 

My life is not perfect. I struggle with failure and the guilt that comes with it. In the last five years, The Hubster and I have both battled cancer, lost our business, struggled with medical and credit card debt and have been shut out of one of our family member's life.

There are days I feel hopeless and despondent. Other days, I embrace God's grace. Self-pity is not something I want to succumb to. Work is my respite. I feel needed, and I know God placed me there for this season.

In Bible times, Elijah and David dealt with failure. They didn't handle it perfectly, either.

There is fresh hope to reach for, friends.

James 5:16 (KJV) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.


The Hubster and I have doubled up on our mutual and individual prayer time and Bible study. We are digging deeper than ever in the Word. Our church family is covering us in prayer.

We are world-weary, but not giving up. Christ gave His life for us. We're already champions.

***

Notable Quote:

2 Corinthians 4:8-12 (KJV) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward