Limitless Love

The Hubster loves to spoil me, and he knows how much I adore chocolate. Every now and then, he brings me a box of fancy chocolates, and on Valentines Day, he brings me a really big box of fancy chocolates.

Valentines Day is a sweet holiday, and not just because of all that chocolate. I am surrounded by the love of family and friends. As much as I love the people in my life, however, I could never comprehend the limitless love that God has for me.

There are many facets to God's amazing love toward us. I want to highlight just a few.

Agape: Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.


Generous John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Eternal: Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Free: Isaiah 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Condescending:  Job 7:17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

Complete: Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Happy Valentines, Day, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward