When God Seems Far Away

Some days, you just want to run away and hide. Your emotions get the best of you and things aren't going right and you're squeezing back the tears until you can be alone with your fears, your regret, your failures. These are the days when God feels removed and far away.

Is He really?

I sometimes let my emotions get the best of me. It's not a woman thing; it's a me thing. When more and more negative events and problems occur, I get the feeling they are defensive linemen and I am a tiny quarterback with the coveted football. Everyone pile on! Are you there, God?

Yes, He is.

Times like these, I have to get out of my head, out of my own way, and get real with God. He's not picking on me, He's trying to teach me to depend on Him alone.

Life will let you down. God won't.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 69:16-17 (KJV) Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward