Female in Motion Health Update

I just got back from a one-day trip to Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL, where I had a six-month checkup. Man, that place is changing!

They are doubling the size of this hospital, with a new in-patient tower, returning patient clinic, rehab wing, breast care clinic, urology clinic, new dining area and outside courtyard. If that wasn't enough, they also switched the main entrance from the front to the back, by the lake. It's beautiful!

I was privileged to ride in the new luxury airport shuttle that Santa brought last week. Super snazzy!

My health is good. No recurrence of breast cancer and my mammogram and blood work were mostly good. I am quite anemic, and the doctor was not happy about that. He did a thyroid test, but that was normal. I will start on a new iron supplement they have had good results with, and Dr. Citrin has ordered a few more tests.

According to the Mayo Clinic website, symptoms of iron deficiency anemia are fatigue, weakness, pale skin, irregular heartbeat, headaches, dizziness, cold feet and hands, brittle nails and weird non-food cravings. The only cravings I've had are for Mexican and Chinese food!

I am happy to be safely home and thanking God for His abundant blessings. I'll keep you posted on the anemia. The Hubster promises to cook me some liver and onions. Yum!

***

Notable Quote:

2 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward