A Christmas Carol: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Can you believe Judy Garland was only 21 years old when "Meet Me in St. Louis" was filmed? This song is my favorite secular Christmas carol. It's so sad and sweet and soft.

Christmas is not just a time for presents and fun. It's also a difficult month for people who have lost a loved one...and that's almost all of us. Reminders are everywhere, of times past and special memories. I struggle with powerful emotions during the holiday season, missing my dad, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and dear friends.

It's like tiny pieces of my soul are pulled away and sent ahead to Heaven. My soul will only be complete again when I die and am reunited with my loved ones. That will be a true reconciliation.

While you're celebrating with family this year, don't forget to say a prayer for those who have recently lost loved ones, the critically ill, and those who are in the vise of mental illness. They'll be grateful for the blessing.

I'll be praying for all of you.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: The new long johns are helping to keep me warmer at work.

***

Notable Quote:

James 5:16 (KJV)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward