What Are You Wearing?

People get really excited about the Academy Awards. What movie will win best picture is not nearly as interesting to me as what everyone will be wearing. The gorgeous gowns in brilliant ruby, emerald and amethyst would all win Oscars, if I had my way. As the beautiful starlets glide down the red carpet, everyone asks the same question, "What are you wearing?"

Romans 13:14 (NKJV) But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.


Sometimes, when I'm not feeling my best, I obsess over what to wear. It hasn't been as much of a problem since my cancer battle, but I still have my moments. I want to look "just right." Depression often makes you feel as if everyone is looking at you; picking you apart as much as you're doing that to yourself.

Christ invites me to take the focus off my appearance and put it where it matters most...my heart. When I clothe myself in His love and acceptance, the joy in my heart radiates to those around me. It's infectious. In a good way, of course!

***

Female in Motion Health Update: My therapist encouraged me to get back to exercising again. That involves making myself a priority, not my work. I've got to realize this is better for me, in the long run.

***

Notable Quote:

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good; but that which is good is always beautiful.--Anne de L`Enclos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward